Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Hello Baby....

Hi everyone,
 
Well, as usual life gets busy raising a family, going back to school and homework every nite takes priority over other things.  However, with that said I still try to find time to sneek in a little something here and there.  So a dear friend of mine is due to have a baby girl here very soon.  So once I had heard it was a girl I couldn't wait to get to work on this sweet little album I put together for her.
 
I used the irresistable Hello Baby line from Simple Stories. The babies room is going to decorated in pink, gray and white.  So the paper couldn't have been more perfect for this baby album. I started out by using just basic chipboard and covering it with the paper.  From there its all about adding and making the embellishments.   
This paper line comes with so many sweet little stickers and die cuts.  I used doilies and glittered tons of embellishments her and there.  Another one of my most favorite things is making flowers from felt with some die cuts that I absolutley love.
 
 

 I used all different kinds of textures from vintage lace to burlap flowers.  I made little pockets from the cards that come with the paper line as well.  Inside the pockets I just created little tags to go inside with some sweet little baby sentiments and tied the tops with some fringe type cording and seam binding.
 
 


 

For this little sentiment I just created a fold out so that she could add more pictures to the inside when you unfold it.

This last page was made by creating two little fold outs and both incorporate little spaces for 12 little photos on each fold out.  So one is 1-6 months and the other is 7-12 months.  So it comes out like an according almost.  I failed to take a picture of it unfolded but I hope you can get the idea.  Below is a little gift bag I had made for the album to go inside of.

This is just a plain white bag that I got from Michael's and then just used a cut out from a Kaiser Kraft line.  Placed it on the front of the bag and added some more ribbon and lace with a few flowers and viola, there you have the perfect little gift bag and so easy to do.

 
Enjoy, and I hope to be back soon with some more creations.  I'd love the comments if you have the time to leave one.  Thanks for visiting and happy crafting!  :)
 
 
Here is a door banner that with a little help from my friends and a wonderful machine called the Shilouette I was able to create this door banner for my daughters Kindergarten teacher.  This was done for Teacher Appreciation Week and her teacher loves frogs.  So each of the frogs have their names next to them and as you can see the girls have flowers and the boys have the cattails behind them.

I created the cattails by cutting them out on to butcher paper and then I just added some
Flower Soft to them and they actually came out looking pretty good.  I made the butterflies using a Tim Holtz die and then just added glitter to them.

I later added some grass to the bottom to make it more complete.  It just seemed unfinished to me without it. :)

This was a lot of work but so worth it at the end.  Her teacher loved it and the kids got such a kick out of seeing their names next to the frogs.  :)
 
 
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment