Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Vintage Flea Market Finds

Good Tuesday Morning!  Well I've had the opportunity of venturing out to a couple of Flea Markets the past few weekends with some friends and found some yummy little things here and there.  I found these sweet little strawberry wire baskets (that I just had to have) and then I found all of these beautiful vintage lace trimmings.  So I then decided that these little baskets would be so perfect to put these in and I absolutley love it.  These crocheted trimmings are just so old and wonderful looking and I can't wait to use them.

  I also found this beuatiful old tarnished dish that I knew I could fill with all kinds of little goodies....and I did just that.  I love these little wooden spools for some reason.  I know they are not all that vintagey but I still had to have them regardless.  And I just loved all of the ornate work around the top of the dish.
 Then I stumbled across these old, old vintage bottles that I thought would be so cute decorated with some old vintage labels of some kind with a little bit of bling and maybe some glitter....who knows, the possibilites are endless!  :)


Then last but not least, this beautiful little journal was given to me and another one of our Flea Market friends that went with us.  It is so that we may journal about all of our little Flea Market adventures and to jot down some of our creative ideas we might come up with and who knows what else.  It is the cutest little journal every and the paper inside is even more beautiful that I hate to even write in it...but I will.  Thank you Susan for this sweet journal and your sweet sentiment.  I look forward to many more adventures.  :)

I've also had the advantage of making a little something for one of the mom's in my son's former kindergarten class.  She just had a baby girl and I was of course more than happy to make her a little something to put in her room.  This was a little card I put together using some Graphic 45 paper, Prima lace, and some Crafty Secrets clear stamps.  I just love all the sweet, soft colors. 

 I can never resist using some seam binding and a little button attached with a tiny tag to finish it all off.

This little wall hanging is something that was created using the Crafty Secrets post card album kit and some of the embellishments that come along with the kit as well.


 I used some twine and wrapped that around with some buttons that were attached to the twine first.  Then just added some glitter here and there with some prima flowers off to the side and used some organza ribbon for the top so that she could hang it wherever she likes.  Until next time...I wish you all a wonderful week.


Here is a little paper bag that I had decorated to have the little vintage wall hanging go inside of.  I had a lot of fun creating this little bag by using some Melissa Frances vintage papers, some beautiful Prima Ribbon and some sweet little butterfly punches that I used from Martha Stewart.
I also used some rhinestone bling on the butterflies, some vintage seam binding and some little pearls. And there you have it!  :)  Easy peasy!!

1 comment: