Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Vintage Christmas

I had the opportunity to create some Shabby Christmas cards using the new October Afternoon "Good Cheer" paper.  These cards were made for the local scrapbooking store that I am happy to be a part of by designing such yummy goodies for.  And I cannot tell you enough just how much fun these papers were to create with. 


There were 5 cards that I made in all and on my next post I will show you the individualized photos of each card and what I used to make them.  I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and that you are looking forward to the most wonderful one of all (that's just my opinion).  :)  I love them all but Christmas is my utmost favorite.  I will try not to be gone so long, so until next time I hope you enjoy the goodies.  Thank you also for your sweet comments!  They truly bring a smile to my face each and every time.  :)

So here are the pictures of the cards I promised to show you...only a little too late.  Sorry I did not get back to before Christmas but here they are anyways!

All these cards were used with the October Afternoon "Good Cheer" paper line.  The letters used are the Thickers stickers and just inked with some creamy brown chalk ink.  The leaves and the star tag are all just punches that were used with the paper.


The little bow up in the top left hand side was used by just cutting small strips of paper and folded in the middle to create a loop on each side.  And then from there just adhereing one atop of the other.

On this card I just punched out six squares of different patterend paper and used pinking shears on the sides to create a decorative edge.  I used some bakers twine, a little star stick pin and some ribbon that I used to  create the flower at the top of the card.

To make the tree on this card I just punced out some squares and then cut them in half and layered them atop of each other to create the little Christmas tree.  Hope you liked them.  Sorry they are late.  :(

Lastly, I am going to share with you a little something that I had made using some paper mache houses.  I had made 3 of these happy little houses, one for each grandparent that I have in my family.  Instead of using Christmas themed papers I used papers that I knew would coordinate with each of their homes.  So from there this is how it came out.

I first started out by painting the paper house with some ivory colored acrylic paint.  I then distressed it after it was dry.  From there I started applying the papers and then of course throwing in some old vintage sheet music seems to go with just about anything.

Once everything was distressed and inked I then started to assemble my little house with all the papers I had chosen.  I also used stamps from Paper Trey ink that were used for the front door and the windows as well as the little curtains you see outside the windows!  :)


From there I went ahead and glued a bunch of vintage buttons to the roof of my house.  When that was finished I then took some more glue and applied it all over the buttons and then took some Doodle Bug glitter and sprinkled that atop of the whole thing.  I then tied some vintage seem binding around the top with an old vintage key inside the bow. I only have pictures of one house for some reason.  But this is how one turned out and I have to say that the grandma's were happy to have recieved a little something they could tuk some treasures inside of.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment