Monday, June 25, 2012

Shabby "Explosion Box"

Hi all, I'm just popping in real quick to share with you a sweet little creation I made.  This was made for my sweet mother for her birthday.  I have not yet given this to here as of yet but I am planning on slipping in a
little gift card inside for her as an additional little something special.  This was truly a fun project ot create.
The papers used were from Webster's Pages and the bow on top of the box was made by using one of Papertrey Inks die cuts.  I absolutley love it and you can just keep layering as much as your little heart desires.  :)  The trinkets on top of the box are made using some Prima baubles, some Tim Holtz baubles and the chain I found at a local craft store.

The sentiment stamps used were from Heartwarming Vintage a.k.a. Crafty Secrets.  And the tag was made using another one of Papertrey Inks dies.

I also used some twine, and some pink stays stashed inside the bow here and there.  The pink paper flowers I have had for so long and just recently stumbled across them and decided to use them as the center for my bow.

The hearts were made out of paper using a die cut and then just embellished with some rhinestones that I dedcided to cluster together in the center of the hearts.

Here is the box once you have taken the lid off and how the inside looks.  I used a lot of Craftys Secrets stamps and some cut outs, some Kaiser Kraft dies and of course some vintage seam binding.  The branches I used from one of the Tim Holtz dies and then just glittered a bit and the adorable little nest with the sweet little birds I had recieved from a friend of mine.  And the little eggs inside the nest were again purchased at my local craft store. 
I also used a Marhta Stewart butterfly punch and adhered some little butterflys all around the project  as well as the nest.  I just love them!


And nothing would be quite complete without a little fairy and some glitter here or there to make everything so magical and sweet...and of course a little shabby!  I hope you enjoy!

Have a great nite...

No comments:

Post a Comment