Sunday, February 26, 2012

A rose isn't just any rose...

Hi there all, well, I have gone and decided to try and create some coffee filter roses.  There are many tutorials on how to do these but I played around and figured out what worked for me.  So I've done my own little take on them and I hope you enjoy them. 
This was the first rose I made with using some food coloring for the color.  Then after the rose was complete I then went and glittered the petals of the rose.  I wrapped the stem of the rose in some coffe stained muslin strips and wrapped the top of the rose with some vintage lace and seam binding.  Considering this was my first one I think it came out pretty good after many attempts.  haha

This next one was colored by using some (believe it or not) dark brown Rit dye.  Don't ask me how it came out to be a deep rich plum color but it did.  And I think it was a happy mistake overall.  :)  This was the second rose that I made.  And the stem of this one is just wrapped up in some old vintage book paper. 

The last rose I created I just ended up using coffee to stain these and I think this is probably my favorite one thus far. 

This was the third rose I had made and hope to make many more.  They are really a lot of fun to create and I think they come out pretty beautiful.  I think they would really make a nice gift for someone or just to make and handful of them and display them around the house. 

I hope you will try to make some of these because they are very fun to do.  Enjoy!

So lastly here is something I make for my family every Sunday morning and the kids have called it "Special Breakfast"!  I apologize for the bad picture, I am not very good at taking food photos but I wanted to share this with you since it is a pretty yummy breakfast (if u can call it that).  It's more like a dessert.  :)  It is called "Apple Pancake Puff".  When you remove it from the oven it is very puffy and then quickly deflates afterwards.  But you sprinkle it with some powdered sugar and some whip cream on top and you have something very tasty.  You could also drizzle some warm caramel sauce over it and that would also be pretty good.  Anyways, the picture doesn't do it much justice but I am happy to know that my family enjoys it and that it is just another little something I can make for them.  This is so not a low cal breakfast by any means but it sure tastes good!!
 
Have a wonderful Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment