Monday, May 7, 2012

A happy start to a Vintage Spring....

Hi bloggers, well it has been some time since my last post.  Time gets by me so quickly and I don't even realize how much time has gone by so I'm going to share with you a few cards that I've created using some outdated Webster's Pages papers and using some die cuts and some little trinkets here and there.  So the first card I used some kraft cardstock and just brushed the edges with some off white acrylic paint and then inked over the top of that to give it a little more of a distressed look.  I then cut out a butterfly using a die cut and layered that with a piece of vellum.
Added some twine and a little tag with a sweet sentiment that can be used for so many different occasions and then just added some pearls and some sweet little buttons to finish it off.  The next card I created I used  some more Webster's Pages paper and again painted and dsitressed the edges of the cardstock first.  I used a scalloped edge punch to create the decorative edge on the cards and then using a Martha Stewart punch made the crown for the cherub and covered it with glitter.

Added some pearls to the flowers on the paper and then dressed it up with a little seam binding, some sequin trim, flowers and another little tag to complete the card. The leaf was created by using a CuttleBug leaf die cut.  The next card is done by using the same techniques as before on the cardstock.  Covered the cardstock with some newsprint paper and then cutting two strips of different patterned paper from the Webster's Pages paper.  I took a doily and tucked that underneath the two strips of paper and distressed that by using some ink.
I then used a scalloped edge punch once again and placed that atop of the two strips of paper.  I created the flower by using some burlap for the base of it and then added some silk flowers on top of that to finish it off.  I then punched out a tag and stamped the word Mother on that and finished it off with a bow made out of twine and again some little pearls.   The next card is again using some kraft cardstock, painted and inked.  Then I added some different patterend papers on top of the cardstock and embellished it with several different heart punches and die cuts.

I again used some seam binding and the sequin trim (which I just love) and used some pop dots to give some of the hearts a dimensional look.  And used a couple of Maya Road trinket heart pins in the flower and another little tag that says "hello".   The last card is probably one of my favorites and it is made using the same distressing techniques and some different patterened papers.  Along with a little scalloped edges here and there and using a dress form die cut.

The dress form is cut out of newsprint paper and pop dotted to give it a dimensional look.  I then took some sweet little Webster's Pages trim and just cut little pieces to go along the bottom half of the dress form.  I then finished it off with some pearls for a necklace and then another little tag tucked into the flower with a Maya Road pearl pin. Thanks for stopping by.  And I hope that all you Mothere's out there have a wonderful and special day! Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Wouwii what a greate blog you have. I lovvvvvvve your style, shabby and vintage.
    Wonderful!!

    Greets,
    Neltine (Netherlands)

    ReplyDelete