Sunday, June 2, 2013

Mixed Media girl...

Happy Sunday to you all!  Well I just created my first little mixed media piece.  I know that it's probably not the authentic kind of mixed media but this was my interpretation of it.  I had fun creating it regardless of the right or wrong of it but I just absolutley love these stamps.  So here is the end result of my experiment...:)
 



I created her by first stamping her onto some old vintage book paper. Then I cut the image out and then from there pieced her together with her dress being stamped out onto some patterned cardstock and then her pockets.  Added some glitter for some highlights and colored her in using some Copic Markers.  This mixed media stuff is a little out of my comfort zone but I still enjoyed making it.  On the canvas part I added some Acrylic paint after I had used the honeycomb template and some modeling paste.  Let that dry and then added some more colors using  some Tim Holtz Distress paints.  Cut out some words, inked them and then modge podged them and added them to the canvas.  I also had some clock stamps randomly around the canvas and then added the modge podge to certain places to create a blending affect.  Overall she is just so cute but if you haven't ever tried this I hope you take the chance to give it a shot.
 
Have a great nite all!


1 comment:

  1. Just darling! Love how you stamped the doll directly onto text paper :)

    ReplyDelete