Sunday, April 6, 2014

Shabby Wall Hanging....

Happy Sunday, I hope you all have had a great week and are ready for the week ahead.  Here is a little something I fixed up for a friend of mine.  She had been given this one year as a gift at Christmas which happened to be painted black around the outside and the inside had an array of colors that didn't quite go with her decor.  So I decided to give it a little face lift and gave it a Shabby Chic look.  It was quite fun to see the change take place from drab to fab!!  :)

 
I started out by just painting the outside in a cream color shade, distressing it some and adding an aged look to it around the edges.  She then gave me some papers from Prima that she liked and so I cut them out to fit the centers on the two spaces.  From there I used some pennant die cuts that I had and made little banners on each corner. 




I then added some of my favorite flowers and some old stamps.  And then added a little bit of bling to give it that extra special something.  To say the least she was very pleased with the outcome!  I hope you all venture out and inspire to try something a little bit different. 
  
 
Until next time have a wonderful week!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment