Sunday, April 13, 2014

The Shabby Tea Room Week #214 "Easter Goodness"

Hello all!  I hope you have had a wonderful week! Well, with Easter coming upon very soon I was very excited to do this project not only beacause of the color scheme but because I just love Easter! :)   So here we are with another fun challenge at The Shabby Tea Room with some of the sweetest shabby chic colors, this color combo is my all time favorite.  So here is the card I created based on the inspiration photo.

 
The challenge was to add polka dots and stripes and that was right up my ally! :)  

 
 
Again, I started by using cream colored cardstock as my base and then from there started to layer my patterned paper.  This paticular line of paper I ordered from Sweden.  It was one of those things I just had to have!!  :)  So I used a floral pattern, a stripe pattern and some polka dots.  The sweet little bird atc card, the rose embellishment and the bird were also part of the paper line.  I then used my favorite seam binding, some pins and another tag to say "Easter Wishes."  I absolutley love Easter, it is one of my favorite times of the year.  This day has such special meaning and I hold it very dear to my heart.  I then added a chipboard frame, glittered it and pop dotted it so that I could give it a dimensional look.  I then added some metal trinkets and a resin rose to complete the card. 
 
Be sure to stop over at The Shabby Tea Room and join in on this fun challenge. Have fun creating!  And I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed Easter!
 
Here are the supplies I used to create this card:
 
Supplies: Cream Cardstock and pearls: (Michael's); Patterned paper, chipboard embellishments and ATC card: Country Escape (Tilda);  Polka dot patterned paper: Neapolitan (American Crafts);  Chipboard frame: (Tattered Angels); Glitter: (Martha Stewart);  Distress Ink: Gathered Twigs (Tim Holtz);  Resin Flower: (Prima);  Metal flowers: (Bead store);  Decorative pins: (Maya Road);  Stamped semtimet: (Papertrey Ink and Crafty Secrets);  Misc: (seam binding and sewing machine) 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment