Sunday, April 6, 2014

The Shabby Tea Room April Guest Designer #213 "Floral Fantasy"

Hi all, well as always it has been some time since my last post but I wanted to share some exciting news!  I have been given the priveledge of being the Month-Long April Guest Designer for The Shabby Tea Room.  I have admired Debbie's blog for some time now and absolutely love it so thank you Debbie!  I have really had so much fun creating these cards! 

I hope you can join in on these fun challenges and also take a look at the other designers beautiful handy work.   

So here is the inspiration challenge photo for Week #213. The challenge for this week is to included ribbon, lace and flowers based on the colors in the photo below. 
 

 
This is the card I created using these happy, beautiful, colors that remind me so much of Spring!  I started by using just a basic cream colored cardstock, and then just adding the pieces of patterned paper atop of that.   I used a border punch for the bottom part of the card and then used my sewing machine and sewed the two pieces together.  I then just added some lace and some sweet seam binding along with a tag that I inked around the edges and then added a sweet sentiment. The mason jar is also from the same paper line I used for the card.  The felt shaped hearts and flower are die cuts that I often use for many occasions.  I then added the two leafs and a bit of twine to finish it all off.   
 
 
Again, be sure to stop by The Shabby Tea Room for more wonderful inspiration!
 
Here are the supplies I used to create this card:
 
Supplies:  Cream Cardstock and Pearls: (Michael's);  Patterned Paper: Neapolitan (American Crafts);  Border Punch and Leaf Punch: (Martha  Stewart); Heart and Flower Die cuts, felt and stamped sentiment: (Papertry Ink);  Tag Punch: (McGill);  Distress Ink: Gathered Twigs (Tim Holtz);  Misc: Sewing machine, seam binding, lace and twine.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful...love your design and that fabulous jar!! Congrats on your month long guest design spot at "The Shabby Tea Room"!!
    Diane TSTR DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, love it :)
    Shaz x

    ReplyDelete